The Policy workshop “Measuring the social pillar in the policy agenda” is organized in the framework of the 6° International Conference on Life Cycle Assessment. Its aim is to provide a necessary platform of discussion between EU policy makers, United Nations representative, industry, academia and civil society, on the following aspects:
- Can social metrics be used for policy purposes?
- Would the measuring of social aspects, with a life cycle approach, boost the competiveness of the European industry?
- Can social dumping be prevented by using social metrics?
- Should sustainable requirements be voluntary or mandatory in procurement?
Chairs: Alessandra Zamagni and Paolo Masoni (Ecoinnovazione spin-off of ENEA, IT)
Antonella Ballone (Member of the General Council of Confindustria Rome, CEO of Baltour and President of Eurolines, IT)
Introduction to the workshop.
Gwenole Cozigou, DG GROW, Director
“Industrial policy and sustainability, the role of social dimension” – Keynote Speech
Feng Wang, Life Cycle Initiative FR
“Develop and apply social indicators to support policy making”
The social criteria in the procurement policies: experiences from the Member States
– Simone Ricotta (Italian Management Committee of the National Action Plan for Green Public Procurement, IT)
– Milan Bijl, PIANOo (Dutch Public Procurement Expertise Centre, NL)
– Pia Trulsen, Contract Manager and CSR Responsible, Norwegian Hospital Procurement