The Policy workshop “Measuring the social pillar in the policy agenda” is organizedin the framework of the 6° International Conference on Life Cycle Assessment. Its aim is to provide a necessary platform of discussion between EU policy makers, United Nations representative, industry, academia and civil society, on the following aspects:
- Can social metrics be used for policy purposes?
- Would the measuring of social aspects, with a life cycle approach, boost the competiveness of the European industry?
- Can social dumping be prevented by using social metrics?
- Should sustainable requirements be voluntary or mandatory in procurement?
Gwenole Cozigou, DG GROW, Director (tbc)
“Industrial policy and sustainability, the role of social dimension” – Keynote Speech
Feng Wang, Life Cycle Initiative
“Develop and apply social indicators to support policy making”,
The social criteria in the procurement policies: experiences from the Member States
– Simone Ricotta – Italian Management Committee of the National Action Plan for Green Public Procurement – Italy (tbc)
– Lisa Sennström – National Procurement Agency – Sweden (tbc)
– Milan Bijl, PIANO (Dutch Public Procurement Expertise Centre) – The Netherland (tbc)
Martin Spolc, Head of Unit, DG FISMA (tbc)