The Policy workshop “Measuring the social pillar in the policy agenda” is organized in the framework of the 6° International Conference on Life Cycle Assessment. Its aim is to provide a necessary platform of discussion between EU policy makers, United Nations representative, industry, academia and civil society, on the following aspects:
- Can social metrics be used for policy purposes?
- Would the measuring of social aspects, with a life cycle approach, boost the competiveness of the European industry?
- Can social dumping be prevented by using social metrics?
- Should sustainable requirements be voluntary or mandatory in procurement?
Gwenole Cozigou, DG GROW, Director
“Industrial policy and sustainability, the role of social dimension” – Keynote Speech
Feng Wang, Life Cycle Initiative
“Develop and apply social indicators to support policy making”
The social criteria in the procurement policies: experiences from the Member States
– Simone Ricotta (Italian Management Committee of the National Action Plan for Green Public Procurement, IT) (tbc)
– Lisa Sennström (National Procurement Agency, SE) (tbc)
– Milan Bijl, PIANO (Dutch Public Procurement Expertise Centre, NL)